Brownsville Auto Accident Attorney | Brownsville Car Wreck Lawyer | Brownsville Vehicle Accident Attorney
Car accidents are, by far, the leading cause of transportation related injuries throughout the United States and locally in the Brownsville area. Most Americans are completely dependent on using cars to perform each of our daily tasks, including driving to the store, work, school, shopping, doctors, and a variety of other commonplace tasks. The inevitable consequence is that, no matter how safe a driver you are, you will likely be involved in some sort of auto accident one day. This reality becomes even more likely in a city such as Brownsville, Texas, which is an important West Texas center and due to the Air Force Base within the Brownsville area.
When Should You Hire a Brownsville Car Accident Attorney?
Of course, not every car accident requires that you hire a car accident lawyer. Car accident lawyers only become necessary when an accident results in an injury serious enough to warrant medical attention, or one that detracts from your quality of life and daily routine. In these cases, retaining a Brownsville, Texas automobile accident lawyer can help protect your legal rights and ensure that you and your family receive the advice and compensation you deserve.
You should contact an experienced Brownsville auto accident attorney when your injuries are such that:
- You have a severe injury that will cause you some significant lost time or wages from work; or
- Where a car accident causes you to be disfigured; or
- You are caused to suffer permanent pain; or
- You have suffered a “loss of consortium” as a result of an automobile injury to your spouse. Please note that loss of consortium claims encompass all negative effects on the martial relationship, including loss of love, affection, support, companionship and sexual relations.
If you or a loved one has suffered a car accident or other type of injury from a Brownsville auto, truck, van, or bus and any of the above factors are present, then you should retain a Brownsville car accident attorney immediately.
Why Do You Need a Brownsville Auto Accident Lawyer?
Every state, including Texas, requires car owners to purchase automobile accident insurance. However, car insurance companies are notorious for trying to get out of paying fair and just compensation to their customers, even when those customers have routinely made their insurance payments for years. Let’s face it, how do car insurance companies make money? Simply put: They love to take premiums and hate to pay claims.
Brownsville car accident attorneys handle car accident cases, motorcycle accidents, and commercial truck accidents throughout the Brownsville area and in all areas of Cameron County. Additionally, they represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists who have suffered an injury in a Brownsville, Texas traffic accident where another driver may have been at fault. The defense lawyer will try to place fault on the injured party to reduce their award. This “fault” is called comparative fault and this is a very important reason why you need an experienced Brownsville accident attorney.
Brownsville Uninsured Car Wreck Lawyer
Even though it is required in Texas, that if you drive in Brownsville you have insurance, people do not always have insurance. When they hit your car and injure you, that is called and uninsured motorist's claim. If this is happens, your uninsured auto accident lawyer in Brownsville will try to successfully handle your Brownsville car wreck against your car insurance company. Depending on how your insurance company treats you, it may also give rise to an Brownsville bad faith insurance claim.
Brownsville Car Accidents Involving Driver Charged with Driving While Intoxicated
Because of the unique set of laws in Texas having to do with drunk driving accidents, please visit our Driving While Intoxicated Car Accident page for a more complete understanding.
Brownsville Distracted Driver Car Accidents
Today's drivers are often distracted by text messages and phone calls on smartphones and other devices. While we have a constant need to check messages to stay current both for work and our social lives, distracted driving is a major hazard in the Brownsville area. Brownsville Distracted Driving Accidents, caused by drivers that text, can be dangerous and even fatal. If a the driver of the car that hit you was a texting driver or a distracted driver, call a Brownsville Distracted Driver Car Crash Attorney Today.
Brownsville Wrongful Death Car Accident Lawyer.
Fatal accidents due happen in Brownsville, Texas. When they do, your family has a claim under the Texas Wrongful Death Statute. If your family has suffered the loss of a loved one and you believe that the other party was at fault, contact an experienced Brownsville fatal car accident Lawyer right away.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a Brownsville auto accident, you should:
- Call 911 for an ambulance for all injured persons. If it is non-emergency, call (361) 676-6683 ;
- As soon as you are able, call a Brownsville car accident lawyer;
- If you, a family member, or friend are taken away by a Brownsville ambulance, you can later get information at:
Brownsville Fire Department and EMS Services (BFD)
1010 E Adams Street
Brownsville, TX 78520
If your car was towed and stored in the City of Brownsville, or a surrounding area, try calling the local police department:
Brownsville Police Department (BPD): (956)548-7000
Cameron County Precinct 5: (956) 427-8057
Cameron County Precinct 7: (956) 514-9691
Cameron County Sheriff: (956) 554-6700
Other reasons to retain a Brownsville, TX Auto Accident lawyer or Cameron County, TX Auto Accident lawyer include:
- In Texas, the statutory minimum of liability insurance is $25,000.00;
- A trained Brownsville, Texas car accident attorney will get you quality medical care;
- A Cameron County car accident lawyer will preserve vital evidence and immediately retain experts, called accident reconstructionists, who recreate the accident for the purposes of trial and legal settlements;
- If alcohol and/or drugs played a role in the cause of the accident punitive damages may be available;
A licensed Brownsville car accident attorney will make sure that:
- Your automobile’s property damage is fully paid;
- Your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is recovered; and
- That all layers of insurance coverage, such as excess levels of coverage are placed on notice;
- A persona injury attorney in Brownsville will not let your statute of limitations is two (2) years from the date of the accident;
An Brownsville injury trial lawyer will be completely familiar with:
- The Texas Rules of Civil Procedure;
- The laws governing where your lawsuit should be filed. These are called "Venue" laws.
- If your Brownsville car crash lawyer determines that your car injury lawsuit should be filed in one of the below Cameron County Civil Courts or Cameron County District Court, they will also have a thorough knowledge of the Texas Rules of Evidence. Some of the Brownsville trial courts include:
Cameron County 103rd District Court
Cameron County 107th District Court
Cameron County 138th District Court
Cameron County 197th District Court
- If your Brownsville injury litigator, chooses federal court, he or she will be completely familiar with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Evidence.
For all these reasons, you should not hesitate to retain an experienced Brownsville tractor trailer accident lawyer near you to help you pursue claims related to an accident in Brownsville involving a commercial vehicle.
Resources for Brownsville Residents
Brownsville Area Hospitals
Valley Baptist Medical Center - Brownsville
Columbia Valley Healthcare System, L.P.
South Texas Rehabilitation Hospital
Harlingen Medical Center, L.P.
Valley Baptist Medical Center
Rio Grande State Center
Brownsville Doctors Hospital
Brownsville Area Automobile & Tire Repair
Firestone Complete Auto Care
Goodyear Auto Service Center
Pueblo Tires & Services
Brownsville Area Car Rental Services
U-Haul Neighborhood Dealer
Mr B Rent a Car
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident in the Brownsville area or anywhere in Cameron County or surrounding areas, please contact one of the experienced Brownsville vehicle accident law firms listed on this page.
Car Accident Injury Attorneys Serve Brownsville and Surrounding Cities
Serving clients throughout Southern Texas, including Bayview, Brownsville, Cameron Park, Chula Vista – Orason, Combes, Del Mar Heights, Donna, Edinburg, Indian Lake, Harlingen, Laguna Vista, La Feria, Laguna Heights, Laureles, Los Fresnos, Los Indios, McAllen, Mercedes, Mission, Olmito, Palm Valley, Port Isabel, Primera, Rancho Viejo, Rangerville, Reid Hope King, Rio Hondo, San Benito, San Pedro, Santa Rosa, South Padre Island, South Point, Villa Pancho, Weslaco, Yznaga and other communities in Cameron County.